Consulting an injury lawyer for your car accident claim in Roseville
If you live in Roseville, you already know that traffic mishaps are not rare in this busy city. Getting involved in one, however, could be an entirely different experience. If you have sustained severe or catastrophic injuries, you may need a long time to heal and get back to your normal life. When the other driver acted recklessly and caused the accident, you should act immediately and file a third-party claim with their insurer, as California is a fault state. Your first step should be about consulting an injury lawyer, and you can check with the experts of brianazemikalaw.com for a FREE case assessment. Here are some quick tips for discussing the case with your potential lawyer.
Get your file ready
You have a window to discuss everything with an attorney, and it is best to be prepared for the appointment. Make sure that you have your medical file with you, along with pictures, videos, and other information from the scene. If you have a copy of the police report, get that too. Your lawyer needs to access as many details as possible to offer a fair assessment of your car accident claim.
Make a list of questions to know the claim
You should have two different questionnaires for your attorney. The first one should be related to the claim which should include questions like –
- What’s the overall potential of my car accident claim?
- What is the expected value of my damages?
- What can I expect in a settlement?
- What are the factors that can impact my claim?
- How quickly can I expect the case to settle?
A seasoned lawyer will ensure that you don’t have false hopes as you initiate the claims process. It may require the attorney to have a blunt tone so that you understand the situation better.
Questions for your lawyer
Before you hire a car accident lawyer, you need to know them better, for which you can ask questions such as –
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Roseville?
- What is your experience with car accident claims?
- Are you personally available to work on this case?
- What are the highest settlements you have won for clients?
- What would be your strategy for my case?
- Do you have experience taking car accident cases to litigation?
Make sure to ask your lawyer about their experience of trials and if they have won similar cases while representing clients in court.